The meeting room can be booked by calling the library at 815-478-3987. It is available for use by civic, educational, and cultural groups within the Library’s jurisdiction. Library activities and programs will have priority when requests for the room are made. Permission to use the meeting room will not be granted for personal use by individuals or profitable businesses. A non-library authorized program does not constitute points of view expressed by participants in the program.
- Applications from organizations for the use of the meeting room are to be made 2 weeks prior to requested date. Requests will be granted by the Library Director in the order in which they are received. The Library Director reserves the right to review, accept, or deny any or all applications without reason given.
- Person submitting application will be responsible for meeting room regulations as specified. Applicant will be responsible for discipline and reasonable care of the room and furnishings and will pay for any damage(s) incurred.
- The meeting room will be available ONLY during regular library hours. Room must be vacated at least 15 minutes prior to closing.
- Only light refreshments may be served, such as desserts, coffee, tea, or cold drinks, which must be served in disposable dishes. No alcoholic beverages will be allowed.
- The library is not responsible for equipment, supplies, or other items owned by a group or individual and used in the library. All items used during reserved time must be removed from the library at the conclusion of the program.
- The room is to be left in an orderly condition, with all garbage and clutter caused by activities being removed. The Library reserves the right to charge a fee if special janitorial services are required.
- All programs must be open to the public.
- Groups of high school age and under must be sponsored and their meeting attended by an adult.
- Any person or group not complying with any of the above regulations will forfeit any further use of the library building facilities.
- No smoking is allowed in any area of the library.
Submitting this form does not guarantee you a reserved room. This is the first step to contacting the library to see if any of your requested room options are available. We will contact you to discuss availability. Thank you.